Rebuilding the Superhero Body of our Younger Years is a Challenge once we have passed into our 40’s and beyond. This is not to say that we cannot build Great Physiques or look as good or even better than we did in previous years but we must now however work towards it differently. The Training Plans that we followed in our 20’s and 30’s are not now necessarily the Training Plans that we should be following now. The diets that we might have followed or that we see promoted to the masses are also not necessarily what we should be prescribing to now. They may work for ‘Some’ Over 40 year olds and they may even provide you short term success but in the long run most of these Plans are detrimental to us building great bodies and maintaining them long term alongside good health.
The Big Difference now is the fact that our Hormonal system is vastly different. We cannot escape this as it is very much a part of the natural aging process. You are a ‘Very Rare and Fortunate’ Over40 Male if your Testosterone and Growth Hormone Levels have not dramatically declined since you were in your 20’s and 30’s. You are also very fortunate if your Thyroid functions as effectively and if you are not more Leptin resistant than you were in your early years. These are all massively important factors to being and looking in Peak Physical Shape and in fact represent a few of the 6 Main Enemies to The Male in his 40’s;
- LOWERED TESTOSTERONE LEVELS - LOWERED GROWTH HORMONE LEVELS - DECREASED THYROID FUNCTION - INCREASED LEPTIN RESISTANCE - INCREASED INSULIN RESISTANCE & ELEVATED BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS - ELEVATED COTISOL LEVELS
These are the reasons that it is not all your fault why your body does not look like it did 10-20 years ago and why we must use the T.H.O.R System to attack these issues. Alongside the natural aging process that we all suffer there is also a very strong chance that you have subjected your body to many periods of stress over your 40+ Years;
Whether that be physical stress from your Athletic endeavours or possibly from a Major illness, psychological stress from work, mortgages, unemployment, emotional stress from Divorce or even the death of a loved one…… or even if you have possibly simply been guilty of overstressing your system for too many years from your lifestyle with a toxic diet including too much caffeine, energy drinks, alcohol and junk food and too many late nights I think it is almost impossible to have got to our stage in life without suffering a number of these stresses……many times!! Every time that we face one of these stressors the body enters the ‘Fight–Or–Flight Mode’ and activates the sympathetic nervous system which in turn automatically stimulates the adrenal glands to release the chemicals adrenalin, epinephrine and noradrenaline. With the body flooded with these chemicals, Cortisol is released, blood pressure is elevated, blood is pumped away from your organs and delivered to the muscles and blood glucose levels are elevated to give you a burst of energy - therefore resulting in elevated Insulin Levels.
All these physiological processes are put into action to simply prepare you to FIGHT or to FLEE from your Stress or Danger.
All of these factors however, if chronically induced for prolonged periods will result in the draining of our system, a 'Metabolic Slow-Down or Breakdown' whereupon your hormonal system will not work effectively and at best be less than optimal.
Being in our 40’s and beyond and very likely having suffered chronic Cortisol elevation for prolonged bouts, our systems now lack the ability to control Cortisol release as effectively as it did in our younger years. We release it more readily, we release more of it and we are unable to flick the switch to turn it off as effectively as when we were young. With a chronic state of Cortisol elevation it will ultimately lead to your adrenals being exhausted, your body feeling burnt-out and drained and with your Hormonal system faltering and possibly failing. The constant and chronic release of Cortisol negatively effects the body in many ways but for the purpose of this article and its negative effect on Rebuilding Your Super-Hero Body of your younger years its effects are –
- A SUPPRESSION OF YOUR TESTOSTERONE LEVELS Low Testosterone results in a Slower Metabolism - Fat being stored more readily around your lower abdomen - Increased Insulin Resistance leading to excess carbs being stored as Fat And Less Lean Muscle Tissue
- LOWERED GROWTH HORMONE LEVELS Low Growth Hormone Levels result in an inability to Burn Fat effectively -Increased Fat being stored in your lower abdomen area - And a loss of Lean Muscle tissue
- POOR SLEEP & LESS ‘DEEP SLEEP’ CYCLES Cortisol levels should naturally start to elevate in the morning, ideally when it becomes light or when our alarm clock goes off to prepare us for the day. With a disrupted Hormonal system, Cortisol elevations in the middle of the night are common however and therefore our bodies become alerted at times when it should be deep in sleep and resting. ‘Deep Sleep’ cycles should ideally make up about 20% of your night’s sleep and it is during these periods when most of the beneficial Metabolic and Hormonal processes within the body take place. These are the periods when we will release our important Male Hormones, Repair the Body and perform the Metabolic Processes that burn Bodyfat. Poor sleep will lead to lowered Testosterone and Growth Hormone Levels. Without a sufficient amount of ‘Deep Sleep’ each night we will never Rebuild our Super-Hero Body. With chronically elevated Cortisol and a dysregulated Hormonal System we will never get enough ‘Deep Sleep’. There is no Diet Formula in the World that will have such a positive effect on Fat Loss as Sleep will.
In addition a lack of Sleep also causes the release of a Hormone called Ghrelin. This is known as the ‘Hunger Hormone’ and the elevation of it leads us to be in a constant state of Hunger ultimately leading to us consuming more calories than is actually required. Alongside this fact sleep deprivation also reduces the release of another Hormone ‘Leptin’.
- LEPTIN RELEASE IS ULTIMATELY LOWERED BY ELEVATED CORTISOL Leptin helps regulate Hunger and provides the Brain Satiety signals to stop us overeating. Leptin is also intrinsically linked in the regulation of our energy, governing the number of calories we need to eat, how many we expend and how much Fat is stored in our body. Lowered Leptin Levels and Leptin resistance caused by elevated Cortisol and Lack of Sleep will play havoc with our Fat Loss Goals and ultimately prevent us Building the Super-Hero Body we aspire to.
It is very clear that elevated Cortisol levels is quite possibly ‘Enemy No.1’ to our
Body Transformation Goals. It is evident that any Fat-Loss Plan that we undertake as a Male Over 40 should primarily focus on lowering Cortisol Levels and then alongside this
- Elevating Testosterone Levels - Elevating Growth Hormone Levels - Increasing Leptin Release - Improving Thyroid Function - Lowering Blood Sugar Levels
Now here is the unfortunate thing however - All of the ‘TOP FAT LOSS PLANS’ pitched at the masses and the 20-30year olds all cause elevations of Cortisol in our not so young bodies! Carbohydrate restriction – Keto Diets – Long Fasted periods – Super High Intensity Workouts – and ‘Fat Burning Supplements’ that cause the release of adrenaline and nor-epinephrine ALL ELEVATE CORTISOL DRAMATICALLY.
If we genuinely wish to Build a Super-Hero Physique in our 40’s and Beyond and do it with results that will last and whilst maintaining our Health then we have to follow a very Tactical Plan to achieve this. A plan with a number of Hacks and Tricks which will manipulate our Hormonal system effectively to work at its Optimum and help us Burn Fat as effectively as we did in our younger years without overstressing our system; The T.H.O.R System is that Plan
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A FREE - NO OBLIGATION - 1-1 STRATEGY CALL TO DISCUSS YOUR GOALS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF USING THE T.H.O.R SYSTEM WITHIN A FULLY COACHED ONLINE 12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION PLAN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ARRANGE THAT CALL -